Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Beginning of a Diagnosis

So, not too many people are aware....but about a month ago, I had a scare with my eyes.  I suddenly had cloudy and darkened vision in my right eye only.  I called my Mom to tell her about it, and she set me on the path to get to the doctor!!  I knew it was something more than my eye, which was my reluctance to go see the doctor in the first place.

A little background, I have had lots of little, weird, unexplained episodes throughout my life.  I hated going to the doctor because so often I heard "I don't see anything", "Are You Sure", "It's a Sinus Infection" and my all time favorite "It was probably because you needed to have a bowel movement".  Yes, that is right, a doctor once told me that when I lost vision temporarily in both eyes (lasted about 3-5 minutes)...that it happened because I need to go to the bathroom....Gesh!!

I had multiple small attacks that ranged from exhaustion, tripping over myself, phantom type pains (nothing was wrong, just weird sparked pains), tunnel vision to loss of vision...these are multiple SMALL things that happened over the course of ten years....so I really thought nothing of them.  Looking back, I wish I had been more pro-active about my healthcare.

My first real scare....came about a year and a half ago.......(to be continued)...

No comments:

Post a Comment